15 Minute Creamy Pesto Pasta
We know how crazy things can get around the holidays.
Here’s a vegan friendly recipe you can whip up in less than 15 minutes for yourself or your whole crew.
- 9 ounces of uncooked pasta (any kind)
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 4-6 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ripe medium avocado
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- Fresh pepper
Serves 3… increase amounts for more people.
Gluten Free, Nut- Free, Soy Free, Sugar Free, Grain free option
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package. For a lighter option, serve the avocado sauce with zucchini noodles.
- While the pasta cooks, make the sauce: In a food processor, combine the garlic and basil and pulse to mince. Add the lemon juice, oil, avocado, and 1 tablespoon water and process until smooth, stopping to scrape down the bowl as needed. If the sauce is too thick, add a bit more oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain the pasta and place it back in the pot. Add all of the avocado sauce and stir until combined. You can gently rewarm the pasta if it has cooled slightly, or simply serve it at room temperature.
- Top with pepper and fresh basil leaves, if desired.
-Because avocados oxidize quickly after you slice them, this sauce is best served immediately.
-Make it grain-free: Serve this avocado sauce with spiralized or julienned zucchini or on a bed of spaghetti squash.
Thanks www.ohsheglows.com for such a quick easy meal plan!