- We know that the schedule is not ideal for everyone. Our initial goal was to get as much variety recorded so we could quickly build a diverse library. In the next week or so we will come out with a more regular schedule.
- We have created a secondary page you can access through the library with UNEDITED classes to view for 24-48 hours after any live class. This will give you faster access to the classes you might have missed. (Please understand these are rough. You’ll have to fast-forward to the start of class.)
If you sign up for a LIVE class you will receive 2 confirmation emails and 1 email with the link for your class.
– One email will be from our Mindbody system. This email will have the current password for the week to access our library.
– The other immediate email will be from FITGRID to confirm your sign up.
– The next email with the link to your class will also be from FITGRID and will have the link to stream LIVE. This will arrive 1 hour before the class time. (if you sign up within that hour, you will also get the email, so don’t worry.)
- We know that sometimes technology glitches and Zoom is very overloaded right now. Rest assured we are working hard on everything we can to make this as easy as possible. Please continue to reach out if you need tech support from us. Thank you for your patience!
- We know that making it to our various live classes isn’t always possible. So we have made classes available to you to practice at your convenience. You can access the library here www.hotyogaasheville.com/video-classes. The password will send with the confirmation email and text for your class.
- Unedited Access: If you would like to catch a class that you missed more quickly… visit the library. You will see a link to access our Zoom Unedited Classes for 24-48 hours.
How your Money is Spent:
- What we know is that it is not clear how much support we will actually receive from the government and loans. Nothing is guaranteed.
- Your dollars are going straight to covering our overhead: including paying teachers and staff to offer online classes, rent, utilities, taxes, insurance and equipment. We do not take any profit. We are fully committed to assessing everything on the other side and every bit that might be profit (if at all) will go back to our staff and our greater community whose needs are growing by the minute.
- Of course, this means the world to us. Having your participation at this time will be crucial to our survival as a small business. We hope you find our offerings are top notch. We strive to be here for you through it all.
30 Day Challenge:
First of all, let’s take a moment to look over the image above. As we continue to move through this new reality we are currently facing, I want to take a moment to validate all of phases we might find ourselves in right now.
Here’s where I’m at. Most of the past two weeks, I have found myself more often than not still in the fear zone. And perhaps it’s because negative voices can feel so much louder than positive ones? I dunno… that’s a whole other rabbit hole. But I find also that throughout any given minute, hour, or day I oscillate back and forth through these different zones.
I just want you to know that if this is you, you’re not alone.
Yet for some of us, it is fairly easy to stay in the growth zone (insert my husband who is having a blast gardening and spending time with the kids). I want to take a moment to thank you.
Some of you who I imagine in the growth zone (at least sometimes) have taken the time to write reviews, send us grateful emails or just post a photo of you on your mat. These are the messages that are keeping me going. And I am even grateful that my husband is there. When I look past the frustration, jealousy and whatever other emotions arise, I find myself so grateful that he can bring me some balance and help make sure I am eating and breathing.
So again, all zones are ok. Accept that the timing is not up to us. We will make it through together.
In the two weeks since the pandemic sent us into our online-only world, our staff has been working non-stop to keep the mission of being your yoga home alive. It has been a major undertaking for all of us, and we are doing our best to bring you the classes you love, taught by the teachers you love.
Flipping HYA into a digital platform literally overnight has been the most crazy thing I’ve had to face as the owner of HYA for 12 years. I had no idea how deep and dark and complex the online world goes. I am so grateful to everyone who is helping us make this process better.
We are streaming as many live classes as we are able to right now. We are also taping others, so that our staff can take weekends off and spend time with their families. We have spent the first few weeks filling our video library with a diverse set of classes, so that you have a multitude of choices when you cannot make it to a live class.
The schedule will shift over time, and we are working hard to get more and more of the classes into the library. All of this takes time, to shoot, to edit, to post online.
We appreciate that so many of you have kept your memberships going, taken the live classes and shared your thoughts and feedback. We hear you and your needs are at the forefront of our minds.
Also understand that all of your membership money goes directly to keeping the studio alive: paying the teachers, the staff, buying the equipment necessary to film top-notch classes for you. I know this is a financially stressful time for so many of you, but also for us. None of us know how long the pandemic restrictions will last, but I am determined to not only survive this as a studio but come out on the other end stronger than ever.
Just to make this clear: I am spending every last dime of your membership money to employ our teachers and staff and paying expenses (rent, utilities, etc.). There is no profit in this for me, and may not be for quite some time. But I’m not giving up.
Thank you for sticking with us. We hope you are staying well. We can’t wait to see you all again in person but until then, we are here, working hard, for you.